Bolt not tired of receiving awards
Kingston : Jamaica`s sportsman of the year 2012, Usain Bolt, says he is not tired of receiving awards since they are a reflection of the hard work he put into preparing for competition.
The only man to win successive sprint doubles at the Olympic Games, Bolt was commenting after receiving the coveted RJR Sports Foundation Sportsman of the Year.
Bolt, the 2012 IAAF Diamond League 100m winner, won ahead of training partner Blake while sprint sensation Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was awarded the Sportswoman of the Year title.
"It makes you feel good because the hard work has not gone in vain. So, for me, it`s always a pleasure winning all these awards."
Bolt`s 2012 awards includes the IAAF Male Athlete of the Year, the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association Golden Cleats Award, the AIPS Sportsman of the Year award and the US Sports Academy Athlete of the Year award.
"One of the awards I really appreciated was the one from Argentina because I actually beat out Messi, so that was cool," said the big Jamaican.
He was referring to a 2009 poll for the best Caribbean and Latin American sportsman, which he won ahead of the popular Argentine footballer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote
- Sanders says he will vote for Clinton in November election