Bolt planning to smash his world records
Kingston (Jamaica): Sprint superstar Usain Bolt says he is confident he can smash two records he set five years ago at the World Championships in Berlin.
The 27-year-old vowed to lower the times on the 100 and 200 metres after he resumed training at the weekend following an injury, reports CMC.
Bolt’s records stand at 9.59 and 19.19 for the 100 metres and half lap, respectively.
"I have discussed with my coach what it will take to lower these records, and he thinks it`s very possible," said Bolt, who is coached by Glen Mills at the Racers Track Club.
"I trust my coach completely, so if coach Mills says they can be broken, then I know I can lower them."
Bolt’s manager Ricky Simms had reported that his foot was sore a few weeks ago.
However, the five-time IAAF World Male Athlete of the Year said he is not bothered by the setback and that he expects to be back to his best soon.
"(The injury) is nothing serious ... my experience has taught me that that`s just the nature of the sport," Bolt told The Gleaner Tuesday.
"Setbacks are a part of track and field. I have come to accept that a long time ago. I had mine, and (I`m) now back in training preparing for the upcoming season."
Bolt says he is looking forward to posting strong times this season which includes next month`s IAAF World Indoor Relays in The Bahamas.
"(The IAAF World Relays) should be a lot of fun. Relays are always the best part of any championship for me,” Bolt said.
"Jamaica has a lot of talented athletes, so I have no doubt that we can lower the (4x200m) record," he added, without confirming whether he will actually be able to compete at the May 24 and 25 championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India