Bolt to race 150m on Rio de Janeiro`s famous Copacabana beach
Johannesburg: The two-time reigning Olympic champion over 100 and 200m Usain Bolt would race in Rio de Janeiro`s famous Copacabana beach on Sunday
The Jamaican sprint star set the world best of 14.35sec over 150m at an exhibition race in Manchester in 2009, and will again race on a track laid over one of the world`s most iconic sandy beaches.
Bolt, who last year claimed an unprecedented second treble gold sprint showing at the London Olympics, said it would be his first speed event of the season, and he added that he has already had the chance to run on a track laid in the street in Manchester but it`ll be interesting to run at Copacabana.
Bolt will race against Antiguan training mate Daniel Bailey, Ecuador`s Alex Quinonez and a Brazilian athlete, in a well-timed publicity boost for Rio de Janeiro, host city of the 2016 Summer Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage