Bolt to race 150m on Rio de Janeiro`s famous Copacabana beach
Johannesburg: The two-time reigning Olympic champion over 100 and 200m Usain Bolt would race in Rio de Janeiro`s famous Copacabana beach on Sunday
The Jamaican sprint star set the world best of 14.35sec over 150m at an exhibition race in Manchester in 2009, and will again race on a track laid over one of the world`s most iconic sandy beaches.
Bolt, who last year claimed an unprecedented second treble gold sprint showing at the London Olympics, said it would be his first speed event of the season, and he added that he has already had the chance to run on a track laid in the street in Manchester but it`ll be interesting to run at Copacabana.
Bolt will race against Antiguan training mate Daniel Bailey, Ecuador`s Alex Quinonez and a Brazilian athlete, in a well-timed publicity boost for Rio de Janeiro, host city of the 2016 Summer Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets