Bolt to run sprint relay in Ostrava
Prague: Usain Bolt has confirmed he will participate in the men`s 4x100 metres relay at the Ostrava Golden Spike meet in the Czech Republic, scheduled on June 27.
It will be the seventh time that the Jamaican superstar will be competing in the event, where he has won three 100m races and two 200m titles. However, it will be his first time to run a 4x100m relay in Ostrava.
"I`m looking forward to running the 4x100m in Ostrava this year. It will be my seventh time to compete in the Golden Spike meeting and my first time to run the relay there," Bolt said. "The meeting is only a few days after the Jamaican Championships and the relay fits nicely into my competition program."
Bolt will run the relay race with colleagues from his Racers Track Club, including his countryman Yohan Blake, who won the 100m title at the 2011 World Championships and is considered as the toughest rival for Bolt in the 2013 World Championship in Moscow.
Bolt, Blake, Michael Frater and Nesta Carter set a 4x100m world record time of 36.84 seconds at the London Olympics last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves