Bombayla Devi and Basumatary win archery tourney
Jamshedpur: L Bombayla Devi of Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) and Rajiv Basumatary of Services Sports Control Board (SSCB) emerged champions at the 2nd National Ranking Archery Tournament in Women and Men`s recurve section at JRD Tata Sports Complex on Sunday.
They defeated top ranked Deepika Kumar and Atanu Das of Steel Plant Sports Board (SPSB).
Olympians Jyanta Talukdar (SPSB) brushed aside Rahul Banerjee (RSPB) 6-2 in the men`s section while Rimil Buriuly (RSPB) outplayed her team-mate former World Cup champion Dola Banerjee 6-0 to grab the third place in the women`s section.
Trisha Deb of Punjab emerged champion in the women`s compound section defeating Manjudha Soy (RSPB) 138-135 points while Kh Ratan Singh (SSCB) came better off Rajat Chouhan (Rajasthan) 141-139 in the men`s section.
Gangandeep Kaur of RSPB beat P Lily Chanu (Manipur) to finish third in the women group while M Gandhi Singh outclassed L Haridas of SSCB 141-124 in the men`s section.
In the women`s recurve final, Bombayla Devi avenged her loss against the World cup champion Deepika Kumar at the 1st National Ranking Archery Tournament held in February last at Hyderabad.
Bombayla dominated the proceeding right from the start scoring 10-9-10 and 10-9-9 in the first two sets of the best of five against Deepika`s 10-9-9 and 10-9-8 before 18-year-old local girl Deepika bounced back clinching the third set 8-10-9 against RSPB archer`s 8-9-8.
However, 28-year-old Bombayla put her acts together and retaliated in the fourth set scoring 28 points (9-9-10) against Deepika`s 26 (9-X-7) to clinch the top slot.
In the men`s final, Rajiv Basumatary accumulated four straight points winning the first two sets against Das, who restored parity claiming the next two sets.
In the final set Basumatary scored 29 points (10-10-9) against Das`s 28 (9-9-10) to top the ranking.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged