Boxer Ram Singh dismissed by Punjab Police in drug haul case
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): International boxer Ram Singh, sparring partner of Olympian Vijendra Singh was today dismissed by Punjab police in connection with the recent recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore.
Sub-Inspector Sarabjit Singh, who was close to a retired Senior Superintendent of Police, was also dismissed by the Punjab police in connection with the drug haul case.
A team of Fatehgarh Sahib police raided the house of Sub-Inspector Sarabjit Singh on the intervening night of March 26-27 at Naya Gaon and claimed to recover 2.6 kg opium and one kg powder and packing material for drugs, a Punjab police spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said that during investigations the role of Punjab police Head Constable and boxer Ram Singh and others in procuring heroin has been conclusively established.
Fatehgarh Sahib police sent a report on this to the Commandant, 2nd Cdo Battalion, which is the parent unit of Head Constable Ram Singh.
On the basis of the report, Commandant Sushil Kumar today dismissed Ram Singh from the service.
The spokesperson said the packing material is similar to what had been recovered from the house of drug haul case kingpin Jagdish Bhola on March 7.
In addition, 10 empties of AK-47 and a 12-bore gun were recovered. No licence for the gun could be produced by those present in the house of Sarabjit. 11 mobile handsets were also seized.
He said Sarabjit was not present in his house and has been absconding. Yesterday, police parties of District Fatehgarh Sahib and four other districts were dispatched to apprehend Sarabjit, who is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city