Boxer Ram Singh dismissed by Punjab Police in drug haul case
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): International boxer Ram Singh, sparring partner of Olympian Vijendra Singh was today dismissed by Punjab police in connection with the recent recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore.
Sub-Inspector Sarabjit Singh, who was close to a retired Senior Superintendent of Police, was also dismissed by the Punjab police in connection with the drug haul case.
A team of Fatehgarh Sahib police raided the house of Sub-Inspector Sarabjit Singh on the intervening night of March 26-27 at Naya Gaon and claimed to recover 2.6 kg opium and one kg powder and packing material for drugs, a Punjab police spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said that during investigations the role of Punjab police Head Constable and boxer Ram Singh and others in procuring heroin has been conclusively established.
Fatehgarh Sahib police sent a report on this to the Commandant, 2nd Cdo Battalion, which is the parent unit of Head Constable Ram Singh.
On the basis of the report, Commandant Sushil Kumar today dismissed Ram Singh from the service.
The spokesperson said the packing material is similar to what had been recovered from the house of drug haul case kingpin Jagdish Bhola on March 7.
In addition, 10 empties of AK-47 and a 12-bore gun were recovered. No licence for the gun could be produced by those present in the house of Sarabjit. 11 mobile handsets were also seized.
He said Sarabjit was not present in his house and has been absconding. Yesterday, police parties of District Fatehgarh Sahib and four other districts were dispatched to apprehend Sarabjit, who is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues