Boxer Vijender’s friend Ram Singh arrested by Punjab police
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: Indian pugilist and Olympic Bronze-medallist Vijender’s friend and fellow boxer Ram Singh was arrested, by the Punjab police in the Heroine-haul case in Fatehgarh Sahib on Wednesday.
While Vijender has maintained his denial on drug consumption, Ram Singh confessed that he and Vijender had consumed the contraband several times, which was regularly supplied to them by Kahlon.
The investigation concluded that Vijendar and Ram Singh had established contact with Anoop Singh Kahlon, a Canadian drug dealer. According to reports, Vijendar and Ram Singh had consumed Heroine nine times and five times, respectively. The raid at Kahlon’s residence had recovered 26 kgs of Heroine, worth Rs 130 crores.
Meanwhile, the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) took Vijendar’s hair and blood samples to test Heroine consumption, after Vijender stated that he will give the samples to anyone but the Punjab police.
with PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed