Boxers leave for Uzbekistan exposure tour
New Delhi: A 10-member Indian sub-junior boxing team today left the country for Uzbekistan for a three-week exposure tour.
The boxers under coach Mohinder Singh Dhaka would take part in a training-cum-competition programme at Yangiabad, Uzbekistan till November 7.
The tour is a part of the preparations for the AIBA Junior World Championships that is scheduled to be held next year and other mega events on the AIBA junior circuit.
Dhaka said that such exposure tours were important for the young boxers to gain international experience and break into the global circuit.
"This is a fresh batch of boxers and none of them have had any international exposure, this trip will be very useful for them as it will help them overcome the initial hiccups and build their confidence," said Dhaka.
"The level of competition and the players that we expect to encounter in Uzbekistan will be at par with our standards. There will be joint trainings and sparring sessions with the Uzbekistan national team and the competition bouts will be of a friendly nature, therefore there won`t be any pressure," he said.
Pinweight (46kg): Gaurav Solanki and Mohammad Wasique
Light Flyweight (48kg): Shashi Kant Yadav and Bhim Chand Singh
Flyweight (50kg): Deepak Kumar and Vijay Kumar
Light Bantamweight (52kg): Vishnu Dayanand
Bantamweight (54kg): Rishav
Featherweight (57kg): Prayag Chauhan
Light Welterweight (63Kg): Aditya Maan
Coach: Mohinder Singh Dhaka
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor