Boxing legend Hector Camacho declared ‘brain dead’ after being shot in head
London: Former Puerto Rican boxer Hector "Macho" Camacho has been pronounced ‘clinically brain dead’ by doctors after he was shot in the head on November 20.
The director of the hospital treating him, Dr Ernesto Torres claimed that he was in a deep coma and unresponsive.
Relatives of Camacho are now deciding whether to remove the three-time world champion from life support.
According to a report, Camacho suffered a heart attack after being wounded in a drive-by shooting outside the capital, San Juan.
The bullet "damaged three arteries that run through the neck and as a result blood is not flowing well" to Camacho`s brain, Torres said.
Camacho, 50, was sitting in a car outside a bar on Tuesday with a friend when it was fired on. His friend, Adrian Mojica Moreno, was killed in the attack, the report said.
Police said the motives behind the shooting aren’t currently unclear, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing