Boxing legend Hector Camacho declared ‘brain dead’ after being shot in head
London: Former Puerto Rican boxer Hector "Macho" Camacho has been pronounced ‘clinically brain dead’ by doctors after he was shot in the head on November 20.
The director of the hospital treating him, Dr Ernesto Torres claimed that he was in a deep coma and unresponsive.
Relatives of Camacho are now deciding whether to remove the three-time world champion from life support.
According to a report, Camacho suffered a heart attack after being wounded in a drive-by shooting outside the capital, San Juan.
The bullet "damaged three arteries that run through the neck and as a result blood is not flowing well" to Camacho`s brain, Torres said.
Camacho, 50, was sitting in a car outside a bar on Tuesday with a friend when it was fired on. His friend, Adrian Mojica Moreno, was killed in the attack, the report said.
Police said the motives behind the shooting aren’t currently unclear, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof