Bradley defends WBO title
Carson: Timothy Bradley has defended his WBO welterweight title in a bruising points win over Russian challenger Ruslan Provodnikov.
Bradley won a unanimous decision Saturday after the 12-rounder in Carson, California, but Provodnikov came close to knocking out the American late in the fight.
"One of the punches in one of those rounds concussed me. I`m dizzy right now," Bradley was quoted as saying.
"At some point, that warrior instinct kicks in, the determination, the will to win, and that`s what I counted on."
Bradley paid tribute to the Russian`s power and said Provodnikov is "going to be a world champion someday".
"He`s much more powerful than (Manny) Pacquiao," he said, referring to the Filipino eight-division world champion who he beat in controversial circumstances in June.
Bradley moves to an undefeated 30-0 record, while Provodnikov is now 22-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH