Bradley defends WBO title
Carson: Timothy Bradley has defended his WBO welterweight title in a bruising points win over Russian challenger Ruslan Provodnikov.
Bradley won a unanimous decision Saturday after the 12-rounder in Carson, California, but Provodnikov came close to knocking out the American late in the fight.
"One of the punches in one of those rounds concussed me. I`m dizzy right now," Bradley was quoted as saying.
"At some point, that warrior instinct kicks in, the determination, the will to win, and that`s what I counted on."
Bradley paid tribute to the Russian`s power and said Provodnikov is "going to be a world champion someday".
"He`s much more powerful than (Manny) Pacquiao," he said, referring to the Filipino eight-division world champion who he beat in controversial circumstances in June.
Bradley moves to an undefeated 30-0 record, while Provodnikov is now 22-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'