Bradley defends WBO title
Carson: Timothy Bradley has defended his WBO welterweight title in a bruising points win over Russian challenger Ruslan Provodnikov.
Bradley won a unanimous decision Saturday after the 12-rounder in Carson, California, but Provodnikov came close to knocking out the American late in the fight.
"One of the punches in one of those rounds concussed me. I`m dizzy right now," Bradley was quoted as saying.
"At some point, that warrior instinct kicks in, the determination, the will to win, and that`s what I counted on."
Bradley paid tribute to the Russian`s power and said Provodnikov is "going to be a world champion someday".
"He`s much more powerful than (Manny) Pacquiao," he said, referring to the Filipino eight-division world champion who he beat in controversial circumstances in June.
Bradley moves to an undefeated 30-0 record, while Provodnikov is now 22-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre