Bradley Wiggins hospitalised after suffering injury in bike crash
London: Tour de France champion Bradley Wiggins has been hospitalized after suffering a crash while riding his bike.
The 32-year-old Olympic gold medal winner has damaged his ribs in the collision, which took place in Wrightington, near Wigan, UK.
He was thereafter taken to a hospital where he is now under observation.
"He was taken to hospital with injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. His condition is stable,” a Lancashire police told the BBC.
According to the report, police said that the cyclist had been involved in a collision with a white Vauxhall Astra car.
"His family have made aware of what has happened. The driver of the Astra car is a local woman who was not injured but she is helping police with inquiries," a spokesman added.
Wiggins became the first British winner of the Tour de France in July as he triumphed for Team Sky, soon after which he won a fourth Olympic gold medal with victory in the time trial at London 2012, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor