Bradley Wiggins hospitalised after suffering injury in bike crash
London: Tour de France champion Bradley Wiggins has been hospitalized after suffering a crash while riding his bike.
The 32-year-old Olympic gold medal winner has damaged his ribs in the collision, which took place in Wrightington, near Wigan, UK.
He was thereafter taken to a hospital where he is now under observation.
"He was taken to hospital with injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. His condition is stable,” a Lancashire police told the BBC.
According to the report, police said that the cyclist had been involved in a collision with a white Vauxhall Astra car.
"His family have made aware of what has happened. The driver of the Astra car is a local woman who was not injured but she is helping police with inquiries," a spokesman added.
Wiggins became the first British winner of the Tour de France in July as he triumphed for Team Sky, soon after which he won a fourth Olympic gold medal with victory in the time trial at London 2012, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore