Brazilian soccer legend Ronaldo loses 17 kg for reality TV show!
London: Brazil football legend Ronaldo has reportedly shed 17kg in three months as part of a television reality show. Over the past three months the portly ex-striker, now a member of Brazil``s 2014 Soccer World Cup organising committee, went through a series of gruelling physical exercises and dietary reeducation aired every Sunday on the Medida Certa (Ideal Measurements) show.
On Sunday night in front of a live television audience, Ronaldo tipped the scales at 101kg and his waistline went down from 107cm to 93cm, Sport24 reports. “I have problems with the weighing scales. It``s a real trauma," he said when the show began in September.
I have already tackled many challenges and this one will not be easy. Those who have already tried to lose weight know that. But I am getting on with it in high spirits,” Ronaldo said.
"We chose Ronaldo to show people that you can have done sport your entire life, if you stop and lead a sedentary life, your body will suffer," according to his physical trainer, Marcio Atalla, who coordinated the exercises program.
Ronaldo retired last year and disclosed that he had long been suffering from thyroid problems, which caused him to gain a great deal of weight, the report said.
He said in September he wanted to be fit for a December 19 annual charity match in which he will take part along with his ex-Real Madrid teammate and French soccer legend Zinedine Zidane in the southern Brazilian city of Porto Alegre, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test