Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh elected as WFI president
New Delhi: Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, a Member of Parliament from Kaiserganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh, was on Thursday elected as the president of the Wrestling Federation of India.
Bri Bhushan was elected unopposed as WFI chief as no other candidate filed nomination for the post.
Among other important WFI posts for which elections were held here on Thursday, I D Nanavati defeated R K Hooda by 58 votes for the senior vice-president`s position, while incumbent Raj Singh beat Kartar Singh by 57 votes for the secretary general`s post.
According to a WFI statement, the elections for the post of president, senior vice-president and secretary general were held on Thursday as per the orders of the Delhi High Court.
The election was conducted under the supervision of a retired judge of Delhi High Court, Justice R C Chopra, who was the Returning Officer, A K Patro, under secretary in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Indian Olympic Association observer, S M Bali, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know