Brit boxer Hatton set to evade legal action over `white powder` snaps
London: British boxing champion Ricky Hatton will not face legal action over snaps of him snorting a white powder after police said that they have no evidence to prove the powder as an illegal substance.
Hatton was filmed sniffing the substance at Bowdon Hotel in Altrincham following which police were investigating allegations that it was the Class A illegal drug cocaine.
According to reports, investigating officers have interviewed the ex-world champ, but he told them that he could not recall what the powder was.
It was thought that the 32-year-old would be given a police caution, but now officers will take no further action, the Sun reports.atton had checked into a rehabilitation clinic after the images were published.
He had claimed that he was battling depression and alcohol problems.
In light of the events, the British Boxing Board of Control had revoked three of Hatton`s boxing licenses, but allowed him to keep promoting the sport in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016