Britain`s Amir Khan loses titles to Peterson
Washington: Britain`s Amir Khan lost his WBA super-lightweight and IBF light-welterweight titles on a split decision to American Lamont Peterson on Saturday.
Peterson went down twice in the first round. The first time was ruled a slip, but the second was scored a knockdown.
Khan had a point deducted at the end of the seventh round for pushing, and another in the 12th for hitting on the break. The points cost him the victory as the two judges who gave Peterson the decision scored the fight 113-112 to the American.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO