Britain`s Amir Khan loses titles to Peterson
Washington: Britain`s Amir Khan lost his WBA super-lightweight and IBF light-welterweight titles on a split decision to American Lamont Peterson on Saturday.
Peterson went down twice in the first round. The first time was ruled a slip, but the second was scored a knockdown.
Khan had a point deducted at the end of the seventh round for pushing, and another in the 12th for hitting on the break. The points cost him the victory as the two judges who gave Peterson the decision scored the fight 113-112 to the American.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur