British Open squash: World no.1 Nicol too hot for Joshana
Hull (England): World No.1 and defending champion Nicol David outclassed India`s Joshana Chinappa in the first round of the Allam British Open Squash Championships here on Tuesday.
The Malaysian squash great took 30 minutes to get past her 26th ranked opponent 11-4, 11-5, 11-4 at the KC Stadium. Joshana had qualified for the main draw.
Dipika Pallikal, India`s highest ranked player at 15, plays her first round match against 22nd-ranked Line Hansen of Denmark later in the day.
In the men`s event, World no. 19 Saurav Ghosal takes on fourth seed Gregory Gaultier of France in the pre-quarterfinals Wednesday. The Indian had defeated England`s Jonathan Kemp in the opening round Monday.
The British Open is the world`s oldest tournament which makes a return to Yorkshire after almost 40 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead