British Open squash: World no.1 Nicol too hot for Joshana
Hull (England): World No.1 and defending champion Nicol David outclassed India`s Joshana Chinappa in the first round of the Allam British Open Squash Championships here on Tuesday.
The Malaysian squash great took 30 minutes to get past her 26th ranked opponent 11-4, 11-5, 11-4 at the KC Stadium. Joshana had qualified for the main draw.
Dipika Pallikal, India`s highest ranked player at 15, plays her first round match against 22nd-ranked Line Hansen of Denmark later in the day.
In the men`s event, World no. 19 Saurav Ghosal takes on fourth seed Gregory Gaultier of France in the pre-quarterfinals Wednesday. The Indian had defeated England`s Jonathan Kemp in the opening round Monday.
The British Open is the world`s oldest tournament which makes a return to Yorkshire after almost 40 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him