British Open squash: World no.1 Nicol too hot for Joshana
Hull (England): World No.1 and defending champion Nicol David outclassed India`s Joshana Chinappa in the first round of the Allam British Open Squash Championships here on Tuesday.
The Malaysian squash great took 30 minutes to get past her 26th ranked opponent 11-4, 11-5, 11-4 at the KC Stadium. Joshana had qualified for the main draw.
Dipika Pallikal, India`s highest ranked player at 15, plays her first round match against 22nd-ranked Line Hansen of Denmark later in the day.
In the men`s event, World no. 19 Saurav Ghosal takes on fourth seed Gregory Gaultier of France in the pre-quarterfinals Wednesday. The Indian had defeated England`s Jonathan Kemp in the opening round Monday.
The British Open is the world`s oldest tournament which makes a return to Yorkshire after almost 40 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA