British Swimming appoints Watkins as new chairman
London: Former Manchester United club director Maurice Watkins has been named the new chairman of British Swimming.
Watkins will lead the British team through to the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, reports Xinhua.
He will not be involved in discussions regarding the appointment of Great Britain`s new head coach or performance director.
However, Watkins will be responsible for ensuring the recommendations of the review panel are carried out.
British swimmers had a disappointing performance at the London Olympics winning only three medals. Their performance director Michael Scott and head coach Dennis Pursley both resigned after missing their London 2012 medal target.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh