British Swimming appoints Watkins as new chairman
London: Former Manchester United club director Maurice Watkins has been named the new chairman of British Swimming.
Watkins will lead the British team through to the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, reports Xinhua.
He will not be involved in discussions regarding the appointment of Great Britain`s new head coach or performance director.
However, Watkins will be responsible for ensuring the recommendations of the review panel are carried out.
British swimmers had a disappointing performance at the London Olympics winning only three medals. Their performance director Michael Scott and head coach Dennis Pursley both resigned after missing their London 2012 medal target.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary