Brooklyn Nets fire coach Johnson
New York: The Brooklyn Nets fired head basketball coach Avery Johnson because of the disappointing results in past weeks.
The Nets lost 10 of the past 13 games to fall on 14-14 in the NBA when the team is seeking for a better result in their new home, reports Xinhua.
After beating the New York Knicks in their first meeting Nov 26, the Nets went 5-10 and fell far behind their arch- rivals.
The news was announced by general manager Billy Kin Thursday but gave no indication of interim coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister