Brooklyn Nets fire coach Johnson
New York: The Brooklyn Nets fired head basketball coach Avery Johnson because of the disappointing results in past weeks.
The Nets lost 10 of the past 13 games to fall on 14-14 in the NBA when the team is seeking for a better result in their new home, reports Xinhua.
After beating the New York Knicks in their first meeting Nov 26, the Nets went 5-10 and fell far behind their arch- rivals.
The news was announced by general manager Billy Kin Thursday but gave no indication of interim coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report