Bruno Lins` chance to face Bolt in Rio sprint
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Bruno Lins earned the right to challenge Usain Bolt in Sunday`s 150-metre exhibition sprint on Copacabana beach by winning heat for the last remaining starting berth.
Lins clocked 15.08 seconds Saturday to finish ahead of Alison Feitosa (15.30) and Sandro Viana (15.67). Apart from Bolt and Lins, the final will also feature Ecuador`s Alex Quinones and Antigua and Barbuda`s Daniel Bailey.
"It`s the first time that I am running over this distance. The time was good. My coach is going to be happy with it. But I think I can do even better in the main race," Lins said after his qualification.
The event is being staged on a temporary four-lane track that has been custom-built on the famous strip of sand.
Bolt, who has won six Olympic gold medals, holds the 150 metres world record with a mark of 14.36 seconds set in Manchester in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok