Bruno Lins` chance to face Bolt in Rio sprint
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Bruno Lins earned the right to challenge Usain Bolt in Sunday`s 150-metre exhibition sprint on Copacabana beach by winning heat for the last remaining starting berth.
Lins clocked 15.08 seconds Saturday to finish ahead of Alison Feitosa (15.30) and Sandro Viana (15.67). Apart from Bolt and Lins, the final will also feature Ecuador`s Alex Quinones and Antigua and Barbuda`s Daniel Bailey.
"It`s the first time that I am running over this distance. The time was good. My coach is going to be happy with it. But I think I can do even better in the main race," Lins said after his qualification.
The event is being staged on a temporary four-lane track that has been custom-built on the famous strip of sand.
Bolt, who has won six Olympic gold medals, holds the 150 metres world record with a mark of 14.36 seconds set in Manchester in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP