Bruno Lins` chance to face Bolt in Rio sprint
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Bruno Lins earned the right to challenge Usain Bolt in Sunday`s 150-metre exhibition sprint on Copacabana beach by winning heat for the last remaining starting berth.
Lins clocked 15.08 seconds Saturday to finish ahead of Alison Feitosa (15.30) and Sandro Viana (15.67). Apart from Bolt and Lins, the final will also feature Ecuador`s Alex Quinones and Antigua and Barbuda`s Daniel Bailey.
"It`s the first time that I am running over this distance. The time was good. My coach is going to be happy with it. But I think I can do even better in the main race," Lins said after his qualification.
The event is being staged on a temporary four-lane track that has been custom-built on the famous strip of sand.
Bolt, who has won six Olympic gold medals, holds the 150 metres world record with a mark of 14.36 seconds set in Manchester in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands