BSF School emerge winner at Open Judo Championship
Jammu: BSF Primary School bagged 15 medals including four gold in the inaugural Jammu and Kashmir State Open Judo championship, here.
The tournament was organised by State Judo Association at MAM stadium from December 24 to 25.
BSF Primary School won the runners-up trophy in Under-12 boys and girls` section as it bagged four gold, three silver and eight bronze medals overall, coach Rameshwar Singh Jamwal said on Thursday.
The gold medals were won in U-12 boys category by Shivam Baloria (20kg), Aryaveer Singh Jamwal (30kg) while silver was bagged by Om Baloria (25kg) and bronze went to Aditey Singh (20kg), Vanshveer Singh (30kg) and Anirudh Sharma.
In under-12 girls category, Palak Sharma and Bhagya Thakur secured gold in 25kg and 35kg category respectively. Silver medals were won by Asvina Bhat in 40kg division and Amisha.
Meenakshi Devi (25kg), Imran (30kg), Tazinder (35kg), Bhawana Hans (40kg) and Riya Sarma (40kg) claimed bronze medals.
Head master of the school, Gaytri Kotwal congratulated the winners and their Judo coach Rameshwar Singh Jamwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Manchester United lacked identity under Louis van Gaal, says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!
- Subramanian Swamy steps up attack on Raghuram Rajan, lists 6 'charges' against RBI Governor in letter to PM
- Shabbir Ahluwalia's romance locked dinner date with wife Kanchi Kaul – See pic