Caffeine, nicotine to be monitored by WADA
Mumbai: Effects of caffeine, part of everyone`s morning cup of tea or coffee, has got into the new list of substances that would be monitored by the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) in order to detect patterns of misuse in sport.
Also in the list of substances, which are not on WADA`s Prohibited List but which it wishes to monitor in future, is nicotine, inhaled by smokers of cigarettes.
"Stimulants bupropion, caffeine, nicotine, phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pipradrol, pseudoephedrine (
"In addition, glucocorticosteroids have been added to the Programme for possible out-of-competition abuse," it added.
The Executive Committee discussed the progress towards the revised Code and the International Standards, Science Research Funding, development of the anti-doping laboratory network, introduction of the Steroidal Module, the 2014 Prohibited List and Monitoring Programme.
The committee approved the 2014 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods. The new List will be made official and published by October 1 and will take effect on January 1, 2014, the agency said.
"The 2015 Code and International Standards will be ratified at the forthcoming World Conference on Doping in Sport in Johannesburg in November, 2013," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks