Calcutta HC to hear PIL in Pinki Pramanik case
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court will hear a PIL filed by RS Chattopadhyay against violation of athlete Pinki Pramanik`s human rights on Friday.
The retired middle distance runner arrested on June 14 has been accused of being male and of allegedly raping a live-in partner, a 30-year-old estranged woman.
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission has also directed the home, health and police departments to inquire into the alleged `inhuman torture` on Pramanik in police and jail custody and submit a report within two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Fish oil during pregnancy may not shield kids from obesity
- Sachin Tendulkar fans fume after Kumar Sangakkara omits 'God of Cricket' from all-time XI
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time