Calcutta HC to hear PIL in Pinki Pramanik case
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court will hear a PIL filed by RS Chattopadhyay against violation of athlete Pinki Pramanik`s human rights on Friday.
The retired middle distance runner arrested on June 14 has been accused of being male and of allegedly raping a live-in partner, a 30-year-old estranged woman.
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission has also directed the home, health and police departments to inquire into the alleged `inhuman torture` on Pramanik in police and jail custody and submit a report within two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown