Campbell-Brown pulls out of Lausanne meet with injury
Lausanne: A sore hamstring has forced sprint star Veronica Campbell-Brown out of the Athletissima Lausanne Diamond League.
The former World and Olympic champion was expected to participate in the 100 metres but tweeted Wednesday that she would be unable to fulfil her obligation at the meet, which started here Thursday, reports CMC.
"With much disappointment, I regrettably withdrew from @athletissima Lausanne due to a sore hamstring. I will return to the track soon," the 32-year-old Jamaican said on online social network.
Following her announcement, her management team also confirmed her pull out via Twitter.
"VCB will not compete tomorrow at #athletissimaLausanne due to discomfort in her hamstring. Thanks all for the support."
Only last weekend, Campbell-Brown was crowned 100 metres champion after winning the event at the Jamaica National Championships in Kingston in a time of 10.96 seconds. The timing was one of the two fastest this year following her 10.86 seconds in Florida last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive