Cash awards for Raghunath, Sreejesh and Ramandeep
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) on Wednesday announced cash award for three of its players who were a part of the Indian Men`s hockey team that won silver medal at the ninth Asia Cup at Ipoh, Malaysia.
HI will give Rs 1 lakh each to defender VR Raghunath for winning Most Outstanding Player of the tournament award, vice-captain and goalkeeper P R Sreejesh for Goalkeeper of the tournament award and debutant forward Ramandeep Singh for scoring a goal on debut for the national team.
Ramandeep scored his first international goal against Oman in their opening match of the tournament.
Congratulating the senior men`s team for its achievement at the Asia Cup, Narinder Batra, the Secretary General HI said, "Out of four individual awards at the 9th Men`s Asia Cup, Indian players have won two of them. It speaks highly about the performance of Indian team.
"Debutant Ramandeep Singh also deserves a special mention for his maiden goal in his debut match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives
- Sharing Twitter posts can hamper your memory!