Cash awards for Raghunath, Sreejesh and Ramandeep
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) on Wednesday announced cash award for three of its players who were a part of the Indian Men`s hockey team that won silver medal at the ninth Asia Cup at Ipoh, Malaysia.
HI will give Rs 1 lakh each to defender VR Raghunath for winning Most Outstanding Player of the tournament award, vice-captain and goalkeeper P R Sreejesh for Goalkeeper of the tournament award and debutant forward Ramandeep Singh for scoring a goal on debut for the national team.
Ramandeep scored his first international goal against Oman in their opening match of the tournament.
Congratulating the senior men`s team for its achievement at the Asia Cup, Narinder Batra, the Secretary General HI said, "Out of four individual awards at the 9th Men`s Asia Cup, Indian players have won two of them. It speaks highly about the performance of Indian team.
"Debutant Ramandeep Singh also deserves a special mention for his maiden goal in his debut match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad