Cash awards for Raghunath, Sreejesh and Ramandeep
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) on Wednesday announced cash award for three of its players who were a part of the Indian Men`s hockey team that won silver medal at the ninth Asia Cup at Ipoh, Malaysia.
HI will give Rs 1 lakh each to defender VR Raghunath for winning Most Outstanding Player of the tournament award, vice-captain and goalkeeper P R Sreejesh for Goalkeeper of the tournament award and debutant forward Ramandeep Singh for scoring a goal on debut for the national team.
Ramandeep scored his first international goal against Oman in their opening match of the tournament.
Congratulating the senior men`s team for its achievement at the Asia Cup, Narinder Batra, the Secretary General HI said, "Out of four individual awards at the 9th Men`s Asia Cup, Indian players have won two of them. It speaks highly about the performance of Indian team.
"Debutant Ramandeep Singh also deserves a special mention for his maiden goal in his debut match."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview