Cavaliers sack head coach Brown
Cleveland: Mike Brown`s second spell as coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers ended after one season on Monday as he was sacked by the NBA club.
The move came on the same day the Cavaliers announced David Griffin was to be their new general manager.
Griffin had been Cleveland`s acting general manager since owner Dan Gilbert fired Chris Grant on February 6.
Brown had coached the Cavaliers for five seasons from 2005-2010 -- when the lineup included superstar playmaker LeBron James prior to James`s departure for current club Miami.
Upon his return this year the team amassed a record of just 33-49.
"This is a very tough business," Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert said in a statement. "It pains all of us here that we needed to make the difficult decision of releasing Mike Brown.
"Mike worked hard over this last season to move our team in the right direction," Gilbert added. "Although there was some progress from our finish over the few prior seasons, we believe we need to head in a different direction."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!