Centre approves Rs 1000cr for J&K sports facilities
Srinagar: Centre has approved a special package of Rs 1000 crore to strengthen sports infrastructure in Jammu and Kashmir, Minister for youth Services and Sports Taj Mohiuddin has said.
"Under this package, a sports complex comprising both indoor and outdoor facilities would be constructed in every block of the State, besides a sports field would be constructed in every panchayat," the minister said at a meeting convened to review the functioning of department of Youth Services and Sports here yesterday.
The Minister said work has already started on some ambitious projects in the State.
Astro turf grounds are being readied at TRC Srinagar and Azad Gunj Baramulla, while the foundations of Rs 18 crore sports complex and a Football academy have already been laid, he said.
He said every district would have sports academy where young boys and girls would be imparted coaching by reputed experts.
Similarly, work on indoor stadium Jammu, renovation of M A Stadium, Jammu and other augmentations are in full swing, he said.
The Minister impressed upon the officers to further augment and strengthen sports infrastructure in the state in view of the growing demand from youth.
"The infrastructure has been raised decades ago and, therefore, falls short of the requirements of present times," he said.
The minister directed the Department to conduct more youth interactions and sports meets so that young boys and girls of the State are able to showcase their talent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31