Centre approves Rs 1000cr for J&K sports facilities
Srinagar: Centre has approved a special package of Rs 1000 crore to strengthen sports infrastructure in Jammu and Kashmir, Minister for youth Services and Sports Taj Mohiuddin has said.
"Under this package, a sports complex comprising both indoor and outdoor facilities would be constructed in every block of the State, besides a sports field would be constructed in every panchayat," the minister said at a meeting convened to review the functioning of department of Youth Services and Sports here yesterday.
The Minister said work has already started on some ambitious projects in the State.
Astro turf grounds are being readied at TRC Srinagar and Azad Gunj Baramulla, while the foundations of Rs 18 crore sports complex and a Football academy have already been laid, he said.
He said every district would have sports academy where young boys and girls would be imparted coaching by reputed experts.
Similarly, work on indoor stadium Jammu, renovation of M A Stadium, Jammu and other augmentations are in full swing, he said.
The Minister impressed upon the officers to further augment and strengthen sports infrastructure in the state in view of the growing demand from youth.
"The infrastructure has been raised decades ago and, therefore, falls short of the requirements of present times," he said.
The minister directed the Department to conduct more youth interactions and sports meets so that young boys and girls of the State are able to showcase their talent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi