Centre approves Rs 1000cr for J&K sports facilities
Srinagar: Centre has approved a special package of Rs 1000 crore to strengthen sports infrastructure in Jammu and Kashmir, Minister for youth Services and Sports Taj Mohiuddin has said.
"Under this package, a sports complex comprising both indoor and outdoor facilities would be constructed in every block of the State, besides a sports field would be constructed in every panchayat," the minister said at a meeting convened to review the functioning of department of Youth Services and Sports here yesterday.
The Minister said work has already started on some ambitious projects in the State.
Astro turf grounds are being readied at TRC Srinagar and Azad Gunj Baramulla, while the foundations of Rs 18 crore sports complex and a Football academy have already been laid, he said.
He said every district would have sports academy where young boys and girls would be imparted coaching by reputed experts.
Similarly, work on indoor stadium Jammu, renovation of M A Stadium, Jammu and other augmentations are in full swing, he said.
The Minister impressed upon the officers to further augment and strengthen sports infrastructure in the state in view of the growing demand from youth.
"The infrastructure has been raised decades ago and, therefore, falls short of the requirements of present times," he said.
The minister directed the Department to conduct more youth interactions and sports meets so that young boys and girls of the State are able to showcase their talent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir