Chandigarh win Hockey India sub-junior men national C`ship
New Delhi: Chandigarh defeated Punjab 2-1 to lift the 3rd Hockey India Sub-Junior Men National Championship (North Zone) title at Sonepat.
Punjab took lead in the 20th minute through a field goal by Kawaljit Singh. But just three minutes later Manjinder Singh scored the equaliser for Chandigarh.
In the second half, Chandigarh controlled and dictated the pace. And finally a field goal by Harmeet Singh in the 64th minute helped his team emerge victorious.
Meanwhile, Haryana won the 3rd Hockey India Sub-Junior Women National Championship (North Zone) after getting the better of Chandigarh, 3-1 in the final.
Two goals by Udita at 14th and 24th minutes saw Haryana leading 2-0 at half time.
Chandigarh though reduced the margin through Anjali in the 50th minute; Haryana`s Navpreet Kaur scored a field goal in the 61st minute to take the match out of Chandigarh`s reach.
Navneet Kaur of Haryana has scored maximum number of goals (9) in the championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city