Chandigarh win Hockey India sub-junior men national C`ship
New Delhi: Chandigarh defeated Punjab 2-1 to lift the 3rd Hockey India Sub-Junior Men National Championship (North Zone) title at Sonepat.
Punjab took lead in the 20th minute through a field goal by Kawaljit Singh. But just three minutes later Manjinder Singh scored the equaliser for Chandigarh.
In the second half, Chandigarh controlled and dictated the pace. And finally a field goal by Harmeet Singh in the 64th minute helped his team emerge victorious.
Meanwhile, Haryana won the 3rd Hockey India Sub-Junior Women National Championship (North Zone) after getting the better of Chandigarh, 3-1 in the final.
Two goals by Udita at 14th and 24th minutes saw Haryana leading 2-0 at half time.
Chandigarh though reduced the margin through Anjali in the 50th minute; Haryana`s Navpreet Kaur scored a field goal in the 61st minute to take the match out of Chandigarh`s reach.
Navneet Kaur of Haryana has scored maximum number of goals (9) in the championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh