Chandrika to lead Indian challenge in Asian Weightlifting
New Delhi: India`s first medallist in the World Youth Weightlifting Championships, Chandrika Tarafdar will spearhead the country`s campaign in the 13th Asian Youth (Boys and Girls) Championships to be held at Yangon, Myanmar from November 5-12.
India will be represented by 11 lifters, including seven girls, in the Youth Weightlifting Championships while 13 lifters will be fielded in the Junior Championships to be held after the youth event.
The lifters were picked after a selection trial held at Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports, Patiala on September 29.
Youth (Boys): Aruna Santa (56kg); Ragala Venkat Rahul (77kg); Shivam Saini (85kg); Ashutosh Singh (85kg).
Youth (Girls): Chandrika Tarafdar (44kg); Joti Mal (48kg); Manalisha Sonowal (48kg); Yumnam Khomdonbi Chanu (53kg); Sagolsem Thansana Chanu (58kg); Sampa Seth (58kg); Khumukcham Nungshiton Chanu (63kg).
Junior (Men): Aruna Santa (56kg); Achyutananda Sahoo (62kg); Ragala Venkat Rahul (77kg); Mohammad Jameer Hussain (94kg); Mudha Rajendra Chaitanya (105kg); Karandeep Singh (105kg).
Junior (Women): Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu (48kg); Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (48kg); Menu Tajo (53kg); Khangembam Bidyabati Chanu (53kg); Nameirakpam Sumanbala Devi (58kg); Kopparthi Shireesha (58kg); Oinam Geeta Devi (69kg).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers