Chawla cracks 122 for easy win in snooker event
Chennai: World No.3 Kamal Chawla constructed a brilliant break of 122 en route to a 3-1 win over Rupesh Shah in a Group C match of the Kences Constructions - ASCA International snooker tournament here Monday.
The century break included 13 reds with nine blacks, three blues and a brown followed by yellow-to-black clearance in the crucial fourth frame.
Shah, however, won his match against R Loganathan 3-2 after trailing 1-2 to remain in contention for the knock-out phase while National champion Aditya Mehta brushed aside Varun Kumar 3-1 in a Group A tie.
The results (preliminary league):
Group A: Aditya Mehta bt J Varun Kumar 3-1; Lucky Vatnani bt Divya Sharma 3-1.
Group B: Laxman Rawat bt Siddharth Parikh 3-0. Group C: Kamal Chawla bt Rupesh Shah 3-1; R Loganathan bt Susantha Boteju (Sri Lanka) 3-1; Rupesh Shah bt Loganathan 3-2.
Group D: Himanshu Jain bt Shivam Arora 3-0; Manish Jain bt Arora 3-0. Group E: Brijesh Damani bt Neeraj Kumar 3-0.
Group G: Sourav Kothari bt Peter Paul 3-1; Kothari bt IH Manudev 3-1. Group H: Shabaaz Khan (India) bt R. Girish (India) 3 - 1(53-11, 48-59, 70-0, 76(55)-1)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman