Chawla cracks 122 for easy win in snooker event
Chennai: World No.3 Kamal Chawla constructed a brilliant break of 122 en route to a 3-1 win over Rupesh Shah in a Group C match of the Kences Constructions - ASCA International snooker tournament here Monday.
The century break included 13 reds with nine blacks, three blues and a brown followed by yellow-to-black clearance in the crucial fourth frame.
Shah, however, won his match against R Loganathan 3-2 after trailing 1-2 to remain in contention for the knock-out phase while National champion Aditya Mehta brushed aside Varun Kumar 3-1 in a Group A tie.
The results (preliminary league):
Group A: Aditya Mehta bt J Varun Kumar 3-1; Lucky Vatnani bt Divya Sharma 3-1.
Group B: Laxman Rawat bt Siddharth Parikh 3-0. Group C: Kamal Chawla bt Rupesh Shah 3-1; R Loganathan bt Susantha Boteju (Sri Lanka) 3-1; Rupesh Shah bt Loganathan 3-2.
Group D: Himanshu Jain bt Shivam Arora 3-0; Manish Jain bt Arora 3-0. Group E: Brijesh Damani bt Neeraj Kumar 3-0.
Group G: Sourav Kothari bt Peter Paul 3-1; Kothari bt IH Manudev 3-1. Group H: Shabaaz Khan (India) bt R. Girish (India) 3 - 1(53-11, 48-59, 70-0, 76(55)-1)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!