Chemist shops near NIS in trouble
Chandigarh: The Punjab state government has
promised to take stern measures against the chemist shops
located near the National Institute of Sports (NIS) Patiala in
the wake of the recent dope scandal that has rocked the
"The health minister has ordered raids on all chemist
shops located outside NIS Patiala reportedly selling banned
drugs to players," Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh
Badal told reporters here amidst reports that athletes can
freely procure drugs from these outlets.
"The licences of all shops guilty of selling banned drugs
will be cancelled and criminal action under law would be taken
against erring chemists," he added.
It is learnt that all the chemist shops that sell
anabolic steroids to the athletes are strategically located
outside the NIS centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'