Chhattisgarh governor congratulates junior women hockey team
New Delhi: Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt has congratulated Indian junior women hockey team for winning first ever bronze medal in the FIH Junior Women`s Hockey World Cup held in Germany earlier this month.
In the letter sent to Hockey India (HI), Dutt said "I take this opportunity to congratulate the Indian Junior Women Hockey team for their excellent performance. The team has indeed brought laurels to India."
Dutt also lauded the efforts of Hockey India and said, "The performance of the Junior Women Hockey team has become possible because of the excellent training provided by the Hockey India."
Narinder Batra, Secretary General of HI thanked Dutt for his letter and said the body will continue to put all out efforts to retrieve past glory of Indian Hockey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar