Chhattisgarh governor congratulates junior women hockey team
New Delhi: Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt has congratulated Indian junior women hockey team for winning first ever bronze medal in the FIH Junior Women`s Hockey World Cup held in Germany earlier this month.
In the letter sent to Hockey India (HI), Dutt said "I take this opportunity to congratulate the Indian Junior Women Hockey team for their excellent performance. The team has indeed brought laurels to India."
Dutt also lauded the efforts of Hockey India and said, "The performance of the Junior Women Hockey team has become possible because of the excellent training provided by the Hockey India."
Narinder Batra, Secretary General of HI thanked Dutt for his letter and said the body will continue to put all out efforts to retrieve past glory of Indian Hockey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical