Chhattisgarh governor congratulates junior women hockey team
New Delhi: Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt has congratulated Indian junior women hockey team for winning first ever bronze medal in the FIH Junior Women`s Hockey World Cup held in Germany earlier this month.
In the letter sent to Hockey India (HI), Dutt said "I take this opportunity to congratulate the Indian Junior Women Hockey team for their excellent performance. The team has indeed brought laurels to India."
Dutt also lauded the efforts of Hockey India and said, "The performance of the Junior Women Hockey team has become possible because of the excellent training provided by the Hockey India."
Narinder Batra, Secretary General of HI thanked Dutt for his letter and said the body will continue to put all out efforts to retrieve past glory of Indian Hockey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'