China makes history at Paralympics
London: China has made history by taking its 90th gold medal at the London Paralympics, surpassing its record of 89 golds at the Beijing 2008.
The 90th gold was clinched by Xue Lei in the men`s 100m-T11 final Saturday. Xue, 24, crossed the finishing line in 11.17 seconds.
In Beijing 2008, hosts China dispatched 332 athletes to compete in all the 20 sports and set the record by collecting 89 gold medals. In London 2012, China sent 282 athletes to compete in 15 out of 21 sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen