China makes history at Paralympics
London: China has made history by taking its 90th gold medal at the London Paralympics, surpassing its record of 89 golds at the Beijing 2008.
The 90th gold was clinched by Xue Lei in the men`s 100m-T11 final Saturday. Xue, 24, crossed the finishing line in 11.17 seconds.
In Beijing 2008, hosts China dispatched 332 athletes to compete in all the 20 sports and set the record by collecting 89 gold medals. In London 2012, China sent 282 athletes to compete in 15 out of 21 sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa