China qualify for women`s World Hockey Cup
New Delhi: Olympic silver-medallists China has become the eighth country to qualify for the Rabobank women`s Hockey World Cup to be held from May 31 to June 14 next year in The Hague, Netherlands.
The confirmation came after TriFinance EuroHockey Championships in Boom, Belgium.
China, who missed out on direct World Cup qualification by finishing fourth at the recent Investec Hockey World League semifinal in London, England, were promoted from first reserves to guaranteed participants courtesy Germany`s success in the TriFinance EuroHockey Championships.
Like all of the continental championships, the big prize on offer at the Euros was direct qualification for next year`s Hockey World Cup.
However, with Germany having already achieved World Cup qualification thanks to a first place finish at last month`s Hockey World League Semi-Final in Rotterdam, a ticket to the Netherlands was handed to first reserves China.
Four more places up for grabs at the upcoming Asian, Oceania, Pan American and African continental championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’