China qualify for women`s World Hockey Cup
New Delhi: Olympic silver-medallists China has become the eighth country to qualify for the Rabobank women`s Hockey World Cup to be held from May 31 to June 14 next year in The Hague, Netherlands.
The confirmation came after TriFinance EuroHockey Championships in Boom, Belgium.
China, who missed out on direct World Cup qualification by finishing fourth at the recent Investec Hockey World League semifinal in London, England, were promoted from first reserves to guaranteed participants courtesy Germany`s success in the TriFinance EuroHockey Championships.
Like all of the continental championships, the big prize on offer at the Euros was direct qualification for next year`s Hockey World Cup.
However, with Germany having already achieved World Cup qualification thanks to a first place finish at last month`s Hockey World League Semi-Final in Rotterdam, a ticket to the Netherlands was handed to first reserves China.
Four more places up for grabs at the upcoming Asian, Oceania, Pan American and African continental championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi