China qualify for women`s World Hockey Cup
New Delhi: Olympic silver-medallists China has become the eighth country to qualify for the Rabobank women`s Hockey World Cup to be held from May 31 to June 14 next year in The Hague, Netherlands.
The confirmation came after TriFinance EuroHockey Championships in Boom, Belgium.
China, who missed out on direct World Cup qualification by finishing fourth at the recent Investec Hockey World League semifinal in London, England, were promoted from first reserves to guaranteed participants courtesy Germany`s success in the TriFinance EuroHockey Championships.
Like all of the continental championships, the big prize on offer at the Euros was direct qualification for next year`s Hockey World Cup.
However, with Germany having already achieved World Cup qualification thanks to a first place finish at last month`s Hockey World League Semi-Final in Rotterdam, a ticket to the Netherlands was handed to first reserves China.
Four more places up for grabs at the upcoming Asian, Oceania, Pan American and African continental championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?