China`s He Chong wins men`s 3m springboard gold
Shanghai: Olympic and World champion He Chong has denied his teammate Cao Yuan`s triple gold at the 19th FINA Diving World Cup by winning the men`s three-metre springboard.
Cao, double winner of the men`s 10-metre platform synchro and 3-metre springboard synchro in Shanghai, was almost to enter the World Cup record book by adding the springboard title here Saturday.
Cao led He over the first five rounds by a small margin of two points. He showed his trademark 5156B as the last dive with 101.40 and won the gold in 540.35 while Cao came second in 526.70.
Jack Laugher of Britain took the bronze 488.20, edging Ukrainian Illya Kvash, who finished fourth in 486.15, Illia Zakharov of Russia 484.40, and Hausding Patrick of Germnay 484.25.
China swept all the gold medals of the seven events on offer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference