China`s He Chong wins men`s 3m springboard gold
Shanghai: Olympic and World champion He Chong has denied his teammate Cao Yuan`s triple gold at the 19th FINA Diving World Cup by winning the men`s three-metre springboard.
Cao, double winner of the men`s 10-metre platform synchro and 3-metre springboard synchro in Shanghai, was almost to enter the World Cup record book by adding the springboard title here Saturday.
Cao led He over the first five rounds by a small margin of two points. He showed his trademark 5156B as the last dive with 101.40 and won the gold in 540.35 while Cao came second in 526.70.
Jack Laugher of Britain took the bronze 488.20, edging Ukrainian Illya Kvash, who finished fourth in 486.15, Illia Zakharov of Russia 484.40, and Hausding Patrick of Germnay 484.25.
China swept all the gold medals of the seven events on offer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!