China`s Olympian swimmer Sun Yang resumes training
Kunming: Chinese Olympic swimming champion Sun Yang arrived at a natatorium in Kunming, the provincial capital of Yunnan in southwest China, to resume altitude training on the plateau.
Sun arrived at Kunming Tianyi sports center with members of the Zhejiang provincial swimming team Thursday and began training, reports Xinhua.
Sun has been suspended from the national team following a recent detention for driving without a licence.
He has not returned to training for the national team and there has been no timetable set for his return, according to the Zhejiang provincial swimming team.
Sun Yang was the first Chinese man to win an Olympic swimming gold, with victories in the 400-metre and 1,500-metre freestyle at the London Games. He was suspended from training and competing indefinitely in early November after being given seven days of administrative detention as punishment for driving without a licence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus