China`s Olympian swimmer Sun Yang resumes training
Kunming: Chinese Olympic swimming champion Sun Yang arrived at a natatorium in Kunming, the provincial capital of Yunnan in southwest China, to resume altitude training on the plateau.
Sun arrived at Kunming Tianyi sports center with members of the Zhejiang provincial swimming team Thursday and began training, reports Xinhua.
Sun has been suspended from the national team following a recent detention for driving without a licence.
He has not returned to training for the national team and there has been no timetable set for his return, according to the Zhejiang provincial swimming team.
Sun Yang was the first Chinese man to win an Olympic swimming gold, with victories in the 400-metre and 1,500-metre freestyle at the London Games. He was suspended from training and competing indefinitely in early November after being given seven days of administrative detention as punishment for driving without a licence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Steady economic growth fails to revive job market: Report
- Just 1% of population pay taxes; over 5,000 paid more than Rs 1 crore
- 17 out of 30 sectors in negative zone in March in terms of exports
- Indiabulls Real Estate cuts debt by 16% to Rs 4,617 crore in FY16
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India