Chinese lifter wins women`s 53kg gold
Wroclaw (Poland): Chinese lifter Li Yajun won the gold at the women`s 53-kilogram category competition of the World Weightlifting Championships on Monday.
The 20-year-old Chinese girl managed 100kg in the snatch, and then lifted 121kg in the clean and jerk to end the competition with a total of 221kg.
Cristina Iovu of Azarbaijian finished with the identical results, but had to settle for a silver due to heavier bodyweight. The bronze medal went to Sopita Tanasan of Thailand who finished with a total of 203kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Samajwadi Party party of one family and goons: Amit Shah
- Ranbir Kapoor-Salman Khan to heat up 'chilly' 2017 Christmas
- Jharkhand BJP chief's son accused of sexual exploitation, marrying a minor
- Mark Ruffalo wants full-fledged solo movie on 'Black Widow'
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' will hit silver-screen with songs