Chinese lifter wins women`s 53kg gold
Wroclaw (Poland): Chinese lifter Li Yajun won the gold at the women`s 53-kilogram category competition of the World Weightlifting Championships on Monday.
The 20-year-old Chinese girl managed 100kg in the snatch, and then lifted 121kg in the clean and jerk to end the competition with a total of 221kg.
Cristina Iovu of Azarbaijian finished with the identical results, but had to settle for a silver due to heavier bodyweight. The bronze medal went to Sopita Tanasan of Thailand who finished with a total of 203kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list