Chinese lifter wins women`s 53kg gold
Wroclaw (Poland): Chinese lifter Li Yajun won the gold at the women`s 53-kilogram category competition of the World Weightlifting Championships on Monday.
The 20-year-old Chinese girl managed 100kg in the snatch, and then lifted 121kg in the clean and jerk to end the competition with a total of 221kg.
Cristina Iovu of Azarbaijian finished with the identical results, but had to settle for a silver due to heavier bodyweight. The bronze medal went to Sopita Tanasan of Thailand who finished with a total of 203kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared