Chinese national champion fails dope test
Beijing: China`s athletics national champion Sun Lu has tested positive for a diuretic, the country`s anti-doping body said Wednesday.
Sun was found using hydrochlorothiazide, a medicine that treats fluid retention and high blood pressure and can be used to cover the traces of other performance-enhancing drugs, the China Anti-Doping Agency told Xinhua.
Sun, who had requested an analysis of her B sample, which still turned out positive, gave up the right for a hearing.
Sun, from Henan province, won the women`s 1,500m title in last year`s athletics national championships and the positive test is expected to bring a ban to keep her from this year`s national games, an event held every four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list