Chinese national champion fails dope test
Beijing: China`s athletics national champion Sun Lu has tested positive for a diuretic, the country`s anti-doping body said Wednesday.
Sun was found using hydrochlorothiazide, a medicine that treats fluid retention and high blood pressure and can be used to cover the traces of other performance-enhancing drugs, the China Anti-Doping Agency told Xinhua.
Sun, who had requested an analysis of her B sample, which still turned out positive, gave up the right for a hearing.
Sun, from Henan province, won the women`s 1,500m title in last year`s athletics national championships and the positive test is expected to bring a ban to keep her from this year`s national games, an event held every four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day