Chinese national champion fails dope test
Beijing: China`s athletics national champion Sun Lu has tested positive for a diuretic, the country`s anti-doping body said Wednesday.
Sun was found using hydrochlorothiazide, a medicine that treats fluid retention and high blood pressure and can be used to cover the traces of other performance-enhancing drugs, the China Anti-Doping Agency told Xinhua.
Sun, who had requested an analysis of her B sample, which still turned out positive, gave up the right for a hearing.
Sun, from Henan province, won the women`s 1,500m title in last year`s athletics national championships and the positive test is expected to bring a ban to keep her from this year`s national games, an event held every four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'