Chinese national champion fails dope test
Beijing: China`s athletics national champion Sun Lu has tested positive for a diuretic, the country`s anti-doping body said Wednesday.
Sun was found using hydrochlorothiazide, a medicine that treats fluid retention and high blood pressure and can be used to cover the traces of other performance-enhancing drugs, the China Anti-Doping Agency told Xinhua.
Sun, who had requested an analysis of her B sample, which still turned out positive, gave up the right for a hearing.
Sun, from Henan province, won the women`s 1,500m title in last year`s athletics national championships and the positive test is expected to bring a ban to keep her from this year`s national games, an event held every four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra