Chinese shuttlers sweeps all five golds at Hong Kong Open
Hong Kong: The Chinese team took all five titles at the 2012 Hong Kong Badminton Open after Sunday`s finals here.
World`s No. 2 ranking Chen Long edged out Lee Chong-Wei of Malaysia 21-19, 21-17 to take the men`s singles` gold. It`s Chen`s third title after the London Olympic Games and also his second in eight days, reports Xinhua.
"Maybe I just prepared better and was more lucky," said Chen, who won the China Open last Sunday.
First seed Wang Yihan`s retirement due to injury in the second game gave teammate and Olympic champion Li Xuerui an easy women`s singles final victory. Li won the first game 21-12 and was leading 11-3 in the second.
"I hope that I can keep winning matches," said the 21-year-old rising star. "That can help me build my confidence and do better in major events."
Defending champions Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng thrashed old rivals Koo Kien-Keat/Tan Boon-Heong of Malaysia 21-16, 21-17 to win the men`s doubles final while Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei beat teammate and top seeds Xu Chen/Ma Jin to defend their mixed doubles title.
It is the second time China have grabbed all five golds at Hong Kong Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!