Chinese vice premier meets IOC president
Beijing: Chinese vice premier Liu Yandong met with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Jacques Rogge here.
Liu Monday spoke highly of Rogge`s contribution to boosting the development of the Olympic movement and expressed gratitude to Rogge for his support to the development of the Olympic movement in China and the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
Liu said the Olympic spirit was an important symbol of the progress of human civilization and the Chinese government would continue to give full support to the development of China Sports and help spread the Olympic spirit in China.
Rogge attended the opening ceremony of the Samaranch Memorial Hall on Monday, which was built in Tianjin to remember former IOC president Juan Antonio Samaranch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say