Chithambaram leads after 10th round of Int`l Open
Chennai: V R Aravindh Chithambaram defeated one more Grandmaster and moved into sole lead after the 10th round of the Chennai Grandmaster International Open Chess tournament here from Friday.
World Youth silver-medalist Aravindh Chithambaram, who is on a roll with 8.5 points, defeated GM Shyam Sundar.
He has defeated four Grandmasters and two International Masters in his spectacular show so far.
In second spot is Indian Grandmaster Vidit Santosh Gujrathi at 8.0 points.
Important Results (Round 10) : (Indians unless specified)
Vidit Santosh Gujrathi 8 drew Vishnu Prasanna V 7.5, Shyam Sundar M 6.5 lost to Aravindh Chithambaram V R 8.5, Hayrapetyan Hovik (ARM) 6 lost to Lalith Babu M.R 7, Borovikov Vladislav (UKR) 7 bt Deepan Chakkravarthy J 6, Ravichandran Siddharth 6.5 drew with Babujian Levon (ARM) 6.5, Papin Vasily (RUS) 6.5 drew with Swapnil S.Dhopade 6.5, Mirzoev Azer (AZE) 6.5 bt Swayams Mishra 6,Ter-Sahakyan Samvel (ARM) 6.5 bt Baghdasaryan Vahe (ARM) 5.5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam