Chithambaram leads after 10th round of Int`l Open
Chennai: V R Aravindh Chithambaram defeated one more Grandmaster and moved into sole lead after the 10th round of the Chennai Grandmaster International Open Chess tournament here from Friday.
World Youth silver-medalist Aravindh Chithambaram, who is on a roll with 8.5 points, defeated GM Shyam Sundar.
He has defeated four Grandmasters and two International Masters in his spectacular show so far.
In second spot is Indian Grandmaster Vidit Santosh Gujrathi at 8.0 points.
Important Results (Round 10) : (Indians unless specified)
Vidit Santosh Gujrathi 8 drew Vishnu Prasanna V 7.5, Shyam Sundar M 6.5 lost to Aravindh Chithambaram V R 8.5, Hayrapetyan Hovik (ARM) 6 lost to Lalith Babu M.R 7, Borovikov Vladislav (UKR) 7 bt Deepan Chakkravarthy J 6, Ravichandran Siddharth 6.5 drew with Babujian Levon (ARM) 6.5, Papin Vasily (RUS) 6.5 drew with Swapnil S.Dhopade 6.5, Mirzoev Azer (AZE) 6.5 bt Swayams Mishra 6,Ter-Sahakyan Samvel (ARM) 6.5 bt Baghdasaryan Vahe (ARM) 5.5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot