Chitra settles for bronze at ISBF World snooker
Daugapils (Latvia): India`s Chitra Magimairajan had to settle for a bronze at the IBSF World Snooker Championships after she went down against Wendy Jans 1-4 in the semi-finals here.
Chitra made her intentions clear with a well thought out game plan in the first frame and continued till she lost out on the black ball in the second.
However, in the third and fourth frame, Belgium`s Wendy played a different ball game bagging the latter with a break of 59 and not giving a single red to Chitra.
Wendy continued her imposing game pocketing the fifth frame with minimal fuss.
Earlier, Chitra had beaten compatriot Varsha Sanjeev in the last-eight stage.
India have to wait for one more year to secure any title in world snooker with next edition to be held at Bangalore in November 2014.
Meanwhile, Wendy will now take on Chunxia Shi of China in the final later in the day.
Women: Chitra Magimairaj (India) lost to Wendy Jans (Belgium) 4-1 (75-29, 60-66, 23-65, 0-74(59), 33-66).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees