Chitra settles for bronze at ISBF World snooker
Daugapils (Latvia): India`s Chitra Magimairajan had to settle for a bronze at the IBSF World Snooker Championships after she went down against Wendy Jans 1-4 in the semi-finals here.
Chitra made her intentions clear with a well thought out game plan in the first frame and continued till she lost out on the black ball in the second.
However, in the third and fourth frame, Belgium`s Wendy played a different ball game bagging the latter with a break of 59 and not giving a single red to Chitra.
Wendy continued her imposing game pocketing the fifth frame with minimal fuss.
Earlier, Chitra had beaten compatriot Varsha Sanjeev in the last-eight stage.
India have to wait for one more year to secure any title in world snooker with next edition to be held at Bangalore in November 2014.
Meanwhile, Wendy will now take on Chunxia Shi of China in the final later in the day.
Women: Chitra Magimairaj (India) lost to Wendy Jans (Belgium) 4-1 (75-29, 60-66, 23-65, 0-74(59), 33-66).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official