Chitra settles for bronze at ISBF World snooker
Daugapils (Latvia): India`s Chitra Magimairajan had to settle for a bronze at the IBSF World Snooker Championships after she went down against Wendy Jans 1-4 in the semi-finals here.
Chitra made her intentions clear with a well thought out game plan in the first frame and continued till she lost out on the black ball in the second.
However, in the third and fourth frame, Belgium`s Wendy played a different ball game bagging the latter with a break of 59 and not giving a single red to Chitra.
Wendy continued her imposing game pocketing the fifth frame with minimal fuss.
Earlier, Chitra had beaten compatriot Varsha Sanjeev in the last-eight stage.
India have to wait for one more year to secure any title in world snooker with next edition to be held at Bangalore in November 2014.
Meanwhile, Wendy will now take on Chunxia Shi of China in the final later in the day.
Women: Chitra Magimairaj (India) lost to Wendy Jans (Belgium) 4-1 (75-29, 60-66, 23-65, 0-74(59), 33-66).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional