Chitra settles for bronze at ISBF World snooker
Daugapils (Latvia): India`s Chitra Magimairajan had to settle for a bronze at the IBSF World Snooker Championships after she went down against Wendy Jans 1-4 in the semi-finals here.
Chitra made her intentions clear with a well thought out game plan in the first frame and continued till she lost out on the black ball in the second.
However, in the third and fourth frame, Belgium`s Wendy played a different ball game bagging the latter with a break of 59 and not giving a single red to Chitra.
Wendy continued her imposing game pocketing the fifth frame with minimal fuss.
Earlier, Chitra had beaten compatriot Varsha Sanjeev in the last-eight stage.
India have to wait for one more year to secure any title in world snooker with next edition to be held at Bangalore in November 2014.
Meanwhile, Wendy will now take on Chunxia Shi of China in the final later in the day.
Women: Chitra Magimairaj (India) lost to Wendy Jans (Belgium) 4-1 (75-29, 60-66, 23-65, 0-74(59), 33-66).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city