Chitra settles for bronze at ISBF World snooker
Daugapils (Latvia): India`s Chitra Magimairajan had to settle for a bronze at the IBSF World Snooker Championships after she went down against Wendy Jans 1-4 in the semi-finals here.
Chitra made her intentions clear with a well thought out game plan in the first frame and continued till she lost out on the black ball in the second.
However, in the third and fourth frame, Belgium`s Wendy played a different ball game bagging the latter with a break of 59 and not giving a single red to Chitra.
Wendy continued her imposing game pocketing the fifth frame with minimal fuss.
Earlier, Chitra had beaten compatriot Varsha Sanjeev in the last-eight stage.
India have to wait for one more year to secure any title in world snooker with next edition to be held at Bangalore in November 2014.
Meanwhile, Wendy will now take on Chunxia Shi of China in the final later in the day.
Women: Chitra Magimairaj (India) lost to Wendy Jans (Belgium) 4-1 (75-29, 60-66, 23-65, 0-74(59), 33-66).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price