Chitra, Uma bow out of World Ladies Snooker
Leeds (UK): After a fine run in the first three days of the WLBSA event here, Indian cueists Chitra Magimairaj and Umadevi Nagraj bowed out of ladies snooker on Monday.
Chitra, who ended in the sixth position, failed to cross the league-stage hurdle for the first time. She had earlier made it to the knock-out stages in her previous 11 outings.
Chitra, 41, lost to Jaigue Ifwan 2-0, Wendy Jans (IBSF champion) 1-1 and Anita Maflin 2-0 on a disappointing day of snooker.
Meanwhile Umadevi lost to Ng on Yee (two-times IBSF champ) 2-0, Anna Prisazhnuk 2-0, Jessica Woods 2-0. Irina Gorbataya 1-1 and winning against Natalia Kazlouskata 2-0.
The Bangalore cueists now eye the senior snooker title, while Uma is also looking to regain her billiards crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery