Chris Hoy hails Froome`s Tour de France triumph as `phenomenal`
London: Six-time Olympic champion Sir Chris Hoy has hailed Chris Froome`s Tour de France victory as a huge achievement as Britain secured back-to-back wins in the event, which Hoy termed as `phenomenal`.
Froome won by four minutes 20 seconds after completing the final stage of the epic three-week road race arm-in-arm with his Sky team-mates in the traditional procession into Paris.
Hoy said that it was fantastic for British cycling to have two riders winning the Tour de France back-to-back, adding that a few years ago they had nobody who could reach the podium.
The Olympian added that it would have been lovely to see Bradley racing this year and even more fantastic to see both him and Chris competing together, but last year was Bradley`s year and this year is Chris`s.
Meanwhile, Froome said that the victory had brought tears into his eyes and although he expected it to be big, this was something even more great.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony