Clippers beat Lakers 109-95
Los Angeles: The Clippers made their first season series sweep of the Lakers since the team moved to Los Angeles in 1984 with a 109-95 victory at the Staples Center.
With the win Sunday, the Clippers clinched their first Pacific Division title in franchise history against a team that has long overshadowed them.
In order to get the Lakers a playoff ticket, Kobe Bryant tried so hard to survive in this fight. He played 47 minutes 20 seconds and finished with 25 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds, but could not avoid Lakers` disappointing loss.
After this game, the Lakers (40-37) fell off to ninth place on Western Conference standings.
The Clippers dominated the boards, 50-36, including a 16-10 advantage on the offensive glass which gave them a lot of second chances. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin had 24 points apiece, Paul also contributed 12 assists while Griffin added 12 rebounds. Jamal Crawford scored 20 points.
The Lakers` Dwight Howard led donated 25 points as Kobe, but only four rebounds. Paul Gasol ended up with 13 rebounds, 12 points and eight assists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!