CM advises children to exercise and participate in sports
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has called upon the children to exercise and indulge in sports regularly for good health.
Flagging off the Olympic Day run at Andhra University College of Engineering grounds here this morning, Reddy said sportsmen should participate in Olympic Games with a positive spirit, irrespective of winning or losing.
Visakhapatnam District Olympic Association (VDOA) along with the district administration organised the 5 km Olympic Day run, gunning for a slot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The organizers planned participation of about one lakh people, including from sports fraternity, students of various colleges, youth, employees in corporate sector, and few others.
VDOA president and event convener T Harsha Vardhana Prasad said the 5-km run was being held from Andhra University College of Engineering ground to RK beach in the city.
He said the run aimed for a slot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Andhra Pradesh minister for ports and infrastructure development Ganta Srinivasa Rao, Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry D Purandewari, Rajya Sabha member T Subbarami Reddy, Member of Parliament Lagadapati Rajagopal, actor Ram Charan Teja and local legislators attended the function.
The Chief Minister arrived here on Sunday from Hyderabad on a two-day visit to the district. Later, he left for East Godavari to participate in some functions there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress