CM advises children to exercise and participate in sports
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has called upon the children to exercise and indulge in sports regularly for good health.
Flagging off the Olympic Day run at Andhra University College of Engineering grounds here this morning, Reddy said sportsmen should participate in Olympic Games with a positive spirit, irrespective of winning or losing.
Visakhapatnam District Olympic Association (VDOA) along with the district administration organised the 5 km Olympic Day run, gunning for a slot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The organizers planned participation of about one lakh people, including from sports fraternity, students of various colleges, youth, employees in corporate sector, and few others.
VDOA president and event convener T Harsha Vardhana Prasad said the 5-km run was being held from Andhra University College of Engineering ground to RK beach in the city.
He said the run aimed for a slot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Andhra Pradesh minister for ports and infrastructure development Ganta Srinivasa Rao, Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry D Purandewari, Rajya Sabha member T Subbarami Reddy, Member of Parliament Lagadapati Rajagopal, actor Ram Charan Teja and local legislators attended the function.
The Chief Minister arrived here on Sunday from Hyderabad on a two-day visit to the district. Later, he left for East Godavari to participate in some functions there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'