CM advises children to exercise and participate in sports
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has called upon the children to exercise and indulge in sports regularly for good health.
Flagging off the Olympic Day run at Andhra University College of Engineering grounds here this morning, Reddy said sportsmen should participate in Olympic Games with a positive spirit, irrespective of winning or losing.
Visakhapatnam District Olympic Association (VDOA) along with the district administration organised the 5 km Olympic Day run, gunning for a slot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The organizers planned participation of about one lakh people, including from sports fraternity, students of various colleges, youth, employees in corporate sector, and few others.
VDOA president and event convener T Harsha Vardhana Prasad said the 5-km run was being held from Andhra University College of Engineering ground to RK beach in the city.
He said the run aimed for a slot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Andhra Pradesh minister for ports and infrastructure development Ganta Srinivasa Rao, Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry D Purandewari, Rajya Sabha member T Subbarami Reddy, Member of Parliament Lagadapati Rajagopal, actor Ram Charan Teja and local legislators attended the function.
The Chief Minister arrived here on Sunday from Hyderabad on a two-day visit to the district. Later, he left for East Godavari to participate in some functions there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends