CM`s Gold Cup Archery to begin March 24
Gangtok: Sikkim Archery Association will organise the 14th Chief Minister`s Gold Cup Tournament from March 24 at the SAA archery field in Tathangchen here.
The fixture for the tournament is scheduled to be drawn on March 17. In this regard, the association has invited teams from across the state to send in their participation conformations by March 16.
SAA publicity secretary, Karma Denzongpa today said the main objective of the tournament was to preserve the traditional form of the archery and produce archers like Tarundeep Rai and Chungda Sherpa who have done the country proud at the international level.
"Every year, the SAA organises this tournament by inviting the best of teams from across the state and also all the way from Bhutan to celebrate the traditional forms of archery," he informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax