Coach Roelant Oltmans would make a difference: Prabhjot Singh
Jaipur: High Performance Director Roelant Oltmans has made India play attacking hockey and under the Dutchman, Indian team can achieve better results in 2016 Rio Olympics, feels ace hockey player Prabhjot Singh.
"It was Spaniard Jose Brasa who made us play mix hockey and also worked on last minute lethargy of the team which often conceded goals and also taught us to fight back," said Prabhjot, who is here for a six-a-side hockey tournament organized by Youth Sports club.
"Now we have Roelant Oltmans who is a high performance coach and has emphasized on attacking which has always been the strong point of Indian Hockey.
"We have also improved on the grey areas like penalty corners. We still have time for 2016 Olympics and under him we can hope for better performance. The recent results at Sultan of Johor Cup and Asia Cup show that Indian Hockey is on the rise," said Prabhjot, who has played 218 matches for country.
Prabhjot also called for settling the dispute between the hockey India and Indian Hockey Federation (IHF).
"The dispute should be resolved as early as possible because it was the players who were suffering. The FIH which has granted affiliation to Hockey India had objected to WSH organized by IHF and many of Indians players had to bow out of it under pressure," he said.
"The Likes of me, Deepak Thakur, Rajpal Singh and few others were not included in selection camps because we had participated in WSH. The issue should be resolved quickly for the sake of Indian Hockey," said Prabhjot, who was included in the Indian Senior team for the first time in 2001.
Hockey India (HI) and Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) has been fighting for the last few years to claim the sole authority over Indian hockey and it has affected the Indian hockey team. FIH recognizes Hockey India as the National Federation for the sport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui