Cops deny link but yet to give clean chit to Vijender Singh in drug bust
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: The investigations conducted so far in the Mohali drug haul haven’t revealed any links between Olympian Vijender Singh and the arrested drug peddlers but the police hasn’t given him a clean chit either.
“We just recovered Vijender`s car at some distance from the arrested NRI`s house and there is nothing much after the initial probe to tell," Fathegarh Sahib SSP Hardyal Singh Mann said.
"In the initial probe there has been nothing to tell. Besides, it appears there is no link of the boxer with the person from whose house the heroin was seized," he said.
Punjab police recovered 26 kg of heroin from NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon`s house on the outskirts of the city in Mohali district on Thursday.
The arrested NRI alleged that two boxers Vijender Singh and Ram Singh were his "clients" and used to visit him.
However, Vijender has denied any connections with the drug peddlers.
"I am shocked. I am in Mumbai right now for work. My friends dropped me at the airport in my wife`s car. I don`t know how it reached outside that Zirakpur flat," Vijender, an Asian Games gold-medallist, said.
Canada-based international drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon, who along with Kulwinder Singh alias Rockey of Nawanshahar Badala village in Kharar of Mohali, was arrested from Zirakpur in Mohali by Fatehgarh Sahib police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued