Cops deny link but yet to give clean chit to Vijender Singh in drug bust
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: The investigations conducted so far in the Mohali drug haul haven’t revealed any links between Olympian Vijender Singh and the arrested drug peddlers but the police hasn’t given him a clean chit either.
“We just recovered Vijender`s car at some distance from the arrested NRI`s house and there is nothing much after the initial probe to tell," Fathegarh Sahib SSP Hardyal Singh Mann said.
"In the initial probe there has been nothing to tell. Besides, it appears there is no link of the boxer with the person from whose house the heroin was seized," he said.
Punjab police recovered 26 kg of heroin from NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon`s house on the outskirts of the city in Mohali district on Thursday.
The arrested NRI alleged that two boxers Vijender Singh and Ram Singh were his "clients" and used to visit him.
However, Vijender has denied any connections with the drug peddlers.
"I am shocked. I am in Mumbai right now for work. My friends dropped me at the airport in my wife`s car. I don`t know how it reached outside that Zirakpur flat," Vijender, an Asian Games gold-medallist, said.
Canada-based international drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon, who along with Kulwinder Singh alias Rockey of Nawanshahar Badala village in Kharar of Mohali, was arrested from Zirakpur in Mohali by Fatehgarh Sahib police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown