Could have run faster in Paris: Bolt
Paris: Sprint sensation Usain Bolt says he could have posted a faster time in the 200 metres at the Areva Diamond League Meeting in Paris.
Bolt was made to work hard in the half-lap and was forced to fend off a challenge from his compatriot Warren Weir before completing victory in 19.73 seconds, the fastest 200 metres of the season on Saturday.
"I think I could have run the last 50 after the turn much better," Bolt said.
"I didn`t come in the straight as powerful as I used to. The last 30 metres, I was kind of, I won`t say struggling, but my technique wasn`t perfect."
Fellow Jamaican Weir, who was second in 19.92, stayed with him into the top bend before the world record-holder pulled away.
"The time, I think I could have done better," Bolt said.
"I wanted to do better, but it`s just one of those things you never get but you wish for sometimes."
Bolt broke the meet record of 20.01 seconds set by Michael Johnson in 1990.
But he said he still has plenty to work ahead of the world championships in August.
"First, I think I should have run faster on the curve," he said.
"My first 50 was great. But then, for some strange reason, my last 50 wasn`t so great. So I just need to figure what went wrong and then work on it."
Bolt will next compete in the 100 and 4x100 relay in London July 26-27, his final major meeting before the World Championships, which starts Aug 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city