Court orders probe into Pinki Pramanik’s rights violation allegation
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kolkata: In a major relief for Pinki Pramanik, Calcutta High Court has ordered a probe into the allegations of human rights violation against the former athlete, who is accused of raping his former partner.
The court asked the government to file an affidavit against allegations of rights violation within two weeks.
The Calcutta High Court heard a PIL filed by RS Chattopadhyay against violation of athlete Pinki Pramanik`s human rights on Friday.
The retired middle distance runner arrested on June 14 has been accused of being male and of allegedly raping a live-in partner, a 30-year-old estranged woman.
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission had also directed the home, health and police departments to inquire into the alleged `inhuman torture` on Pramanik in police and jail custody and submit a report within two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley