Court orders probe into Pinki Pramanik’s rights violation allegation
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kolkata: In a major relief for Pinki Pramanik, Calcutta High Court has ordered a probe into the allegations of human rights violation against the former athlete, who is accused of raping his former partner.
The court asked the government to file an affidavit against allegations of rights violation within two weeks.
The Calcutta High Court heard a PIL filed by RS Chattopadhyay against violation of athlete Pinki Pramanik`s human rights on Friday.
The retired middle distance runner arrested on June 14 has been accused of being male and of allegedly raping a live-in partner, a 30-year-old estranged woman.
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission had also directed the home, health and police departments to inquire into the alleged `inhuman torture` on Pramanik in police and jail custody and submit a report within two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- US backed Syrian rebel forces seize military airport near IS stronghold
- China: Man rapes housemate, dumps victim in suitcase
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi